Problems 32: The October Revolution, 100 Years On
- A World Without Bolsheviks? by Gwydion M Williams
- What would our world be like if the Bolsheviks had not taken power?
- The Russian Revolution, by Brendan Clifford
- The Tsarist state had broken down. A landlord restoration was being prepared regardless of what Lenin had done.
- The Bolsheviks and Orthodox Christianity by Peter Brooke
- How the Bolsheviks tried variously to suppress, discourage or incorporate Russia’s traditional religion
To Subscribe, go to the Athol Books Webpage.
Problems 28: Asocialism: Part One; The Muon and the Green Great Dragon.
- Why Muons were real, even when no one had believed they should exist. Or could explain why they did exist.
- Why atoms are not really ‘a hole in a hole’.
- Why any native English speaker would know that a ‘green great dragon’ was bad English, but would be unlikely to know why.
- How the question ‘why’ is very different for human matters and for the physical universe.
- How religions came in waves of ideas, and gave us ways to organise our thinking that had not existed before.
- How religions show their human origin, by always supposing that it was a universe made as a dwelling for humans and similar creatures
Also available as a PDF, Problems 28 – The Muon and the Green Great Dragon
The start of a chapter by chapter study of Lord of the Rings at my other Website.